Sunday, November 10, 2013

Scarecrows, numbers, and more

Here is a review of our week: 
Phonics
Our sound fo the week: /ai/. 
Sounds we know: s, a, t, i, p, n, ck, e, h, r, m, d, g, o, u, l, f, b, j, and ai. 
Sounds for next week: /oa/ and /ie/.

Popcorn Words
 This week we learned: we and me.
Words we know: a, I, it, in, see, big, my, like, up, run, at, on, we & me
Next week: am, did, not

Handwriting
In handwriting this week we practiced our numbers 1-4.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/proxy/AVvXsEju8HJqyA2aYhEPUR8K2qeiJWDaiNIE0fvG0l_oXgF7h0zUaacewj-QdRDsW-pjjLGTyEbHV78TaGY8tguRg9UHu3PW1PJ007XYoxWjBmVS7D3cMj4uFk6c0GFLZzG9qk9ilaJbfNwsCxvil0H5QTsWKqbvEPckZ_clJ3amka8q1MAR=

Reading
During reading we read Noisy Nora
Vocabulary we have learned: creature, imitate, companion, explore, generous, nuisance, energetic, exhausted, soar, tangled, snooze, drowsy, pedestrian, passenger, eager, assortment, enjoy, gooey, container, scruptious, whirl, scramble, determined, proud, snatch, furious, comfort, welcome, allow, frustrated, decide, and practice

We continued our poetry unit this week with the poem I'm a Little Scarecrow

I’m a little scarecrow
raggedy and worn.
I wear a hat
and a shirt that’s torn.
When the crows come,
I wave and shout.
“Away from my garden!
Get on out!” 

Math
We continued our numbers unit this week. This week we worked on finding and reading the number 11. We also searched our classroom for the number 11. We found it on our number lines, clock, and other places like our birthday display. 

Important Reminders
Scholastic book orders are due November 18th. (If any books are being given as gifts please let me know so I can send them home in a nondescript way. We should hopefully have the books before Thanksgiving break, I can put one last order in right after break to get them before the Holiday break)
Half Day November 20th
No School November 27th-29th.

Email me with any questions!


No comments:

Post a Comment